Hello all! I have created a Ko-Fi account for readers to support my writing endeavors. If you haven’t heard of this platform, it’s a type of crowdfunding which allows generous supporters to donate a ‘coffee’ which costs just $3 each in order to support a starving artist. While I have no intentions of quitting my day job, I do intend to focus more on my writing both personally and professionally.
The money being donated goes to many different things:
- Gas to travel to writer’s group meetings where we discuss and workshop our stories
- Supplies as small as paper and pens to as large as new equipment and tools for writing (I am currently shopping for a new computer)
- Food for thought–hunger stifles creativity!
- Encouragement to show that my work is appreciated and motivation to keep me going
I have a rewards system planned out based on donation amount:
- 1-2 Coffees: Scene or chapter excerpt of my latest writing project
- 3-4 Coffees: Plot and character discussions of the project you like best
- 5+ Coffees: Idea or character insertion into the project you like best
Other rewards may come up due to special circumstances! Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have about this platform, the rewards, or even my intentions.